Play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of Phillip Morris International. We are committed to an impactful and dramatic change replacing cigarettes with cutting edge smoke-free products.
Our External Affairs team is growing to accommodate this exciting transformation and we are currently looking to hire Counsel, Corporate Governance at 50% for our headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The overall purpose of the position will be to provide legal advice and support on various legal matters including intercompany and third party agreements, corporate governance, drafting of corporate records and documents related to PMI legal entities.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, Corporate Governance, you will:
• Advise on legal matters relating mostly to corporate governance and contract law;
• Draft, review and execute corporate documents, such as powers of attorney, board and shareholder minutes and resolutions;
• Act as primary contact for legal departments of affiliates worldwide and respond to requests for information or assistance relating mostly to corporate governance and intercompany agreements;
• Partner with PMI Finance and Tax Departments and assist them mainly in the corporate governance and intercompany agreements;
• Draft intercompany agreements such as license agreements, distribution agreements, manufacturing and services agreements;
• Assist with business restructurings and streamlining projects.
• Experience in a law firm, multinational corporation’s legal department or equivalent environment;
• Swiss law legal background and familiarity with contract law, corporate governance; knowledge in finance and tax is a plus;
• Well-developed drafting skills as well as excellent written and oral communications skills in English;
• Ability to communicate effectively and independently with multiple business colleagues and outside counsel;
• Ability to work on multiple tasks independently with minimal supervision, under time sensitive deadlines;
• Excellent organizational skills required for handling a high volume of work with attention to detail;
• Fluent in English and French, both oral and written.
This position requires a high degree of accuracy, accountability and ability to maintain confidentiality.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an equal opportunity employer.