PMI is building a smoke-free future. This is your chance to be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
The transformation touches every part of our business. Our products. The relationships we have with our customers. The partnerships we build. The messages we communicate. The technology we employ. And, every step of the way, Digital has a key part to play, making this an ideal time to join us.
Join us in this role and you’ll be part of our Global SEO team at our international Operations Centre in the beautiful lakeside city of Lausanne, Switzerland.
It’s not just the views that are amazing. Together, we share a very exciting professional outlook. Here, you can look forward to working on digital projects at the heart of our transformation. You’ll relish finding breakthrough solutions to complex new problems and supplying the ideas and innovation that will drive us forward.
You will be responsible for providing strategic insight, and recommending technical SEO enhancements and bug fixes to PMI’s portfolio of websites. This challenging yet rewarding role will have a direct impact in commercializing reduced risk products online and moving PMI towards a smoke-free future. You will work with your cross-functional partners in development to ensure that our platforms are SEO-friendly, and proper quality control measures are in place so that site releases do not negatively impact the SEO program.
Bring us your curiosity and expertise and you can become a true pioneer, taking pride in helping to make the future a better place for millions of smokers. It will be a seismic shift for society and a great addition to your CV.
• Conduct technical site audits and validate SEO recommendations provided by our partner agency.
• Oversee the implementation of technical SEO recommendations in key local markets and global websites.
• Contribute to the technical SEO roadmap and take the necessary actions so it is successfully delivered.
• Provide SEO recommendations for information architecture, navigation and page layout.
• Find ways to reduce crawl errors, improve site accessibility, crawl budget and site performance.
• Work with the Development & Operations team to ensure proper implementation of SEO enhancements and bug fixes.
• Project manage technical SEO elements of PMI technical SEO projects, including site migrations and new sites launches.
• Successfully implement the established SEO due diligence process for quality control testing prior as well as following site releases.
• Educate and train internal teams on the basic principles of technical SEO.
• Stay in tune with the Google Algorithm updates and recommend strategic changes in a timely manner.
• Report the business value of technical SEO fixes to internal stakeholders who may not have any background in development or technical SEO.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Technical SEO experience at an established brand or agency
• Capable of carrying out technical SEO audits independently
• Good organizational skills, ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate complicated technical SEO concepts to key stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimization
• Proven successful track record of implementing SEO in a global environment, with a positive impact on traffic and revenue
• Great understanding of CMS platforms and web servers. Previous experience of Adobe AEM, Acquia/Drupal and/or Salesforce a bonus.
• Great understanding of information architecture, usability and user experience.
• Expert knowledge of Google’s SEO tools such as Google Search Console, Lighthouse, Pagespeed Insights, Structured data testing tool etc.
• Experienced with industry-standard SEO tools including but not limited to: Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl, Semrush, Search Metrics, Conductor, Brightedge, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, Moz.
• Background in web development or previous experience as a Google Search Quality Rater would be a plus
• Prior project management experience would be a plus
• Great understanding of the commercial impact of SEO
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Can-do attitude and willingness to make things happen
• Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Excellent literacy and verbal communication skills in English
• Associate degree with certifications or Bachelor’s degree in IT-related disciplines would be a plus
What we offer :
Our success depends on the women and men who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of millions of smokers.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.