Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Manager Quality Engineering
With the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science/Engineering or similar)
• Proven experience in Quality or product development; technical knowledge of novel tobacco products is a strong plus
• Working knowledge of quality systems and regulatory requirements (ISO 13485 a plus)
• Quality Engineering Certification, ASQ, Black Belt/Green Belt certifications preferred
• Experience with internal and external audit principles coupled with strong knowledge of change control practices/strategies
• Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Proved ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals within the department, company and external vendors
• Demonstrated capability to operate in a fast-paced, collaborative and self-directed ambitious environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback from different partners and management, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Quality Operations team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
• Act as SME in supporting Engineering & Technology functions in the development and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System elements covering Product Development, for electronics and consumables, driving a lean / right first-time end-to-end process and culture
• Be an integral part of the Product Development project teams, follow-through the entire development process, efficiently supporting,providing and coordinating Quality support and mentorship
• Support Product Development and Design verification and validation processes, ensuring Quality-by-design, and effective Technology transfer to manufacturing sites (PMI-owned and Third party – EMS)
• Lead the organization of the Technical Design Review (TDR) – Chaired by Director Quality Engineering-, for key platforms, a cross-functional review team to formally approve key project plans and outputs (incl. but not limited to: Design Input Requirements, Use Hazard Analysis, Design Verification plans and outcomes, PFMEA, DFMEA, Design History file)
• Ensure, for selected platforms, effective management of Supplier Quality for Tier 1 and 2 Electronics suppliers, in seamless collaboration with Asia based Electronics quality organization and swiss-based Global supplier quality function
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of June 30, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8.0 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 48 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.