In a complex and highly competitive environment the Key Account Manager must:
- Develop a thorough understanding of and work within the intricacies of each account, including negotiations with experienced buyers.
- From a complex product portfolio identify and secure for each geographical region where an account is present the correct product range ensuring alignment to the regional opportunities.
- Counteract strong, established relationships that competitors have with an account.
- Manage a financial budget ensuring that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Propose and implement Key Account specific strategies and activities in line with overall PMSA business strategy aimed to secure PMSA sales volume growth and merchandising position in terms of availability, visibility, brand building and pricing.
- Continually follow up with various functions within the organization to ensure the successful implementation of the strategy and support successful implementation in field.
- Develop and sustain positive business relationships that result in PMSA being valued as a business partner, ultimately resulting in business building opportunities to drive success through channel strategies.
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance Philip Morris relevance in Key Account Channel and ensure that all brands are correctly listed and arranged in line with the channel needs, consumer type and brands intrinsic.
- Proactively identify business opportunities in line with business strategy and address with key business partners both internal and external Maximise business investments ensuring ROI.
- Project management is a core way of working, ensuring objectives linked to the strategy are achieved.
5-7 years in FMCG sector; working knowledge / experience of dealing with:
- Managing strategic Key Accounts
- Corporate framework (legislation; policies & procedures etc.)
- Managing strategic projects
? Manage account holistically, driving operational performance through continuous consultation with Commercial functions, always ensuring, that executional levels are of a high standard, cycle implementation is timeous and that specialised trade programs are effective and deliver on ROI. Lead Key Account function / team in line with developed strategy and allocate resources to the key priorities and ensure successful implementation of the plan.
? Resolve all issues raised by the field sales force on a timely basis, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in order to optimize presence in Key Accounts
? Ensure that all relevant departments internally are informed on a timely basis regarding developments and / or execution of account plans in order to secure on time support where necessary and / or enable Management to adjust the sales plans as required
? Support National Key Account Manager with allocation and management of overall budget. Ensure utilisation of a budget in line with overall Key Account trade channel strategy. Continually track investment against objectives and propose adjustment to planned expenditure when necessary.
? Develop and sustain positive business relationships with key stake holders in relevant Key Accounts, identifying key business drivers for the customer’s RRP; cigarette and OTP category and providing regular reporting to the account
? On an ongoing basis analyse trade intelligence, including sales data, to identify threats and opportunities for relevant accounts proposing adjustments to the strategy where necessary
? Manage strategic projects to support National Key Accounts Manager in line with KAM strategy
? Develop and implement an account plan for each account managed; continually monitoring results and proposing adjustments where necessary. Develop a thorough understanding of and work within the intricacies of each account, including negotiations with experienced buyers.
? Additional Skills:
? Action Oriented (Skilled)
? Customer Focus (Skilled)
? Problem Solving (Skilled)
? Learning on the Fly (Skilled)
? Integrity & Trust (Skilled)
? Standing Alone (Skilled)
? Negotiation skills & Analytical Skills
? Communication and Presentation skills
? In addition, candidates need to demonstrate an acceptable level of numeracy and the ability to identify opportunities and consequently successfully negotiate the desired outcome.
? Preference will be given to EE Candidates
? Applications close Monday 20 August 2019