Purpose of the Position:
Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, forward leaning and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities and programs.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Advertising, the Mgr. Digital Advertising Content is responsible for thinking creatively and developing paid media contents and assets aligned with our marketing campaigns strategy, the target audience(s) and the delivery platform / formats. This includes awareness strategy, planning & buying and creative, integrated communications and digital strategies, to drive acquisition, retargeting, and brand/product/campaign awareness.
- Responsible for business interface, planning and delivery, in partnership with the other Digital departments, of the strategy of our communication and creative’s development, through Digital Paid media. This includes: developing and managing effective integrated paid media content plans (in partnership with Marketing); developing attractive assets and messages based on media placement; maintaining assets and comprehensive reporting for each campaign; staying apprised of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and able to advise on new ways to communicate. Develops communications plans, including but not limited to display, social, search, mobile, video, innovation, digital influencers, DOOH, performance media, amplification, undertakes research and analyze data using specialist industry resources, understands target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behavior and media habits, recommends the most appropriate types of media to use, develops assets for dynamic ads distribution, proofreads advertisement content before release, optimizes messaging and targeting in collaboration with Media Planning and Buying team / agencies partners. Be a catalyst to deliver our digital objectives across targeted PMI audience - consumers, retailers, corporate affairs, talent and internal.
- Employ critical thinking when investigating and analyzing relevant research information and evaluating and presenting communication opportunities that will impact on business' digital strategies and objectives. Works closely with the Digital Activation team to understand the business objectives of each initiative, and define the communication strategy collaborating with the Media Planning and Buying team / creative agencies. Collaborate with other digital department members and with key contact points across other functions in PMJ to drive audience understanding and engagement of our Reduced Risk Product category, smoke-free future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement, as well as understanding of PMJ as an organization and as an employer.
- Drive activation of our consumers and other audiences through the effective and innovative delivery of relevant contents via digital paid media. As a digital media subject matter expert, provide communication effectiveness reports, and recommend optimizations when appropriate to improve media performance. Inspire peers and colleagues to become disruptive innovators
- Collaborate with all members of the Digital Advertising team, and partner with other members of the Digital function, to ensure they deliver the campaigns and capabilities needed to satisfy our overall digital strategy, programs and commercial objectives. Work closely with teams throughout Legal and Compliance to ensure good work/practice is put in place, highlighted, shared, understood and followed.
- Facilitate close communication and alignment with the Global Digital Team and other Global functions for local deployment of global digital paid assets, and sharing of market requirements and locally envisaged campaigns and assets to global teams. Work across other global teams including Communication, IS, and Science & Innovation to ensure sharing and alignment of digital media learnings, assets, and capabilities.
- Ensure all programs, projects, and campaigns effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization, for continuous learning and improvement.
- Native Japanese and Business level English
- Proven 5 years or more of experience as a creative / copywriter for online paid media campaign creative development in a media agency, working on marketing campaigns for FMCG brand or other category, with demonstrable knowledge and understanding of digital media planning and buying, including technical details related to contents development (format / dynamic contents), and experience in all steps of the media planning process, across a variety of industries
- Strategic thinking, introduction of innovative ideas/techniques, insightful analysis
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation, Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, Strong research skills, Creativity, Resourceful problem solver, Strong attention to detail, Excellent time-management and organizational skills