Intern RRP Tobacco Processing Equipment in Neuchatel for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Take part in a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
You should have the following skills/experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering or related area
• Strong analytical and quantitative mindset with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to gain insights;
• Good understanding of data, ability to process raw data and derive insights from data analysis;
• Ability to explain complex research in easy language;
• Self-starter with ability to quickly ramp up on new tools and technologies;
• Previous knowledge/experience in process engineering;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English;
• Ability to travel in Europe
You will join Manufacturing Solutions and work in close collaboration with Operations Central functions and our RRP factories in Philip Morris International. This team will be acting as the driver for any tobacco processing equipment. You'll be working together with a mix of talents in engineering, science, technology, QA and Planning.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Participate in managing the RRP tobacco waste dashboard for all PMI factories;
• Support team in analyzing factory data, prepare conclusions and make recommendations
• Write regular reports on root cause analysis and how it can help to improve waste reduction;
• Apply engineering processing knowledge to improve the current performance;
• Manage a small waste reduction project autonomously from process mapping to final report;
• Join regular progress review meetings and present findings and results
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.