Intern Technology Engineering in Neuchâtel for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Be a part of a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Who we’re looking for a student with the following requirements:
• ETH/EPF Master’s degree in mathematics/mechanics/micro-technology/physics
• Good knowledge about non-linear analysis/analytical modeling
• Versatility, autonomy and strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to be objective and rigorous
• Curious, open-minded, voluntary and unifying, knowing how to propose and undertake within multidisciplinary teams
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
You will join the Packing Technology Team, working in close collaboration with PMI affiliates worldwide and PMI equipment suppliers on a cross-functional project. A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve the following tasks:
• Acquire knowledge from literature
• Develop and optimize numerical model (speed management) to predict performance of complex manufacturing processes
• Guarantee model validity and relevance through data correlation testing
• Design tool embedding model for global deployment
• Vulgarize knowledge acquired in a concise report
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.