Intern Industry 4.0 Software developer C# in Neuchâtel for a 6-month challenge starting as of January 2020
Be a part of a revolutionary change
This is just the start. For us. For you. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Your fresh perspective and positive mindset can fuel our smoke-free future. You’ll be collaborating on projects that really matter and helping us to explore completely new commercial territory. As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Our Swiss Internship program will really help you shape your career in the direction you choose. Get paid to collaborate on meaningful projects where you can challenge yourself and have the flavor of a real business experience. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with PMI – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
You should have the following skills/experience:
• Currently pursuing a degree in Software engineering or any relevant area.
• Aptitude and Interest in software architecture, programming, UX.
• A passion for making things work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Problem-solving oriented, naturally curious, willing to understand the full picture.
• Highly motivated, independent and self-learner.
• Good critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of C#
• Knowledge of WPF, and/or Web (JS, Angular) is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of InfluxDB is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of software architecture.
You will join the Testing Engineering Team on an exciting journey helping scientist, labs developing the future of our RRP Products. You will always be guided to feel comfortable in your assigned tasks and grow professionally as well as personally.
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Work with senior-level developers to add new features to existing equipment used in R&D.
• Support, troubleshoot, and suggest improvements for existing software solutions running in production.
• Work with scientist and lab operators to understand their needs and translate it into a fully functional software solution.
• Discover, and/or master plenty of tools like .Net Core, SQL and NoSQL DB, Docker, Computer vision, Python for Data analytics…
After your internship with PMI, you will have the relevant experience to conquer the job market! Are you ready to make a difference and grow with us?
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business –our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.