Purpose of the Position:
The External Relations Manager will be responsible for executing communications and public relations plan to protect and enhance the reputation and awareness of Philip Morris in Japan. The individual should possess excellent media relations skills and connections with Japanese media. The role is expected to develop media pitches and work with stakeholders to tell compelling stories on PMI and PMJ's transformation, science and innovation, and other key themes.
- Execute external relations strategy aligned to PMI and PMJ's business and communications objectives.
- Creating and telling differentiated stories about the company leveraging traditional and new forms of media. Inform and communicate to stakeholders with compelling messages.
- Develop and maintain updated media list and prepare media pitches based on PMJ's key themes.
- Help manage crisis and issues to mitigate the impact on the reputation of the company
- Identify speaking opportunities for PMJ leaders.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of External Relations programs.
1. Minimum 8-10 years of professional experience with proven records in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public and Corporate affairs.
2. Experience working in global organizations and across functions; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
3. Experience in developing media outreach programs.
4. Strong PR and media relations skills
5. Ability to work with cross-functional teams
6. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.