MANAGER OPEN+ ACTIVATION
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Manager Open+ Activation, you will lead our OPEN+ department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PMI OPEN Lead Site) and will report to the Manager OPEN+. The position will be based in Crespellano, Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to lead the Open+ Phase Progression (Pillars Deployment/Activation) in PM MTB to build capability in the organization.
The Open+ Activation Manager will lead directly or indirectly, motivate, coach and develop supervisors and managers in order to maximize team and individual performance, to develop individual capabilities and meeting business needs.
Finally, you will promote a continuous improvement culture across all production sub departments
Specific responsibilities include:
• Establish Pillar structure in the site and ensure the proper progression.
• Coach the Pillar methodology across the site.
• Lead Leadership Preparation and Learning (Leaders and Pillar members’ qualification).
• Build organizational capability to activate Pillars in Lead Line and manage the readiness activities for next phases.
• Guide Pillar teams to integrate standardized process into daily work.
• Support Pillar teams to eliminate losses and solve problems in an autonomous way.
• Initiate and lead production related projects with the aim to sustainably improve safety, quality and factory performances.
• Scout and lead productivity initiatives in order to drive manufacturing losses elimination.
• Improve sense of ownership and engagement of production employees by using adapted tools (e.g. visualization and charting) and through coaching and influence.
• Increase business understanding and focus of production employees by:
o Improving their understanding of KPIs impact
o Creating an integrated KPI cascading process
o Creating a prioritization process
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation and company policies and practices. Adhere to all Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) rules, policies and practices. Pass through appropriate EHS trainings, apply received knowledge at work. Inspect and use personal protective equipment as appropriate.
• Take an active part in EHS programs. Organize business processes at assigned work area in compliance with EHS rules, policies and procedures. Evaluate risks at work places; take appropriate measures for risks reduction.
• Organize timely trainings for subordinates on safety working methods and practices. Ensure all subordinates adhere to all applicable EHS rules, policies and procedures. Work in close cooperation with EHS department to develop and improve departmental safety and job procedures.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor or Master degree Engineering (Industrial, mechanical, etc.), or business administration, logistics/supply chain related majors
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Production in multinational companies
• 5 years of experience in IWS or WCM. Deep knowledge Integrated Operating System – pillars, standard work processes, lean / continuous improvement methods and tools
• Knowledge in Manufacturing processes, QA and PD processes (quality requirements, stage-date, regulatory requirements, product knowledge, etc.), EHS practices and standards, Supply Chain processes, HR practices and processes
• Communication, Presentation, Training and Negotiation skills
• Customer focus and action oriented personality with drive for results attitude and priority setting capability
• Coaching and mentoring skills
• Advanced MS Office user
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken
Grade level from: 11-12
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to Local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).