Field Area Supervisor – Center Italy
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Deployment at PMI feels like building a new business – but with the accumulated expertise of a global brand behind you. Bring us your curiosity and capacity to engage people and you can be part of the digital, onmi-channel team that’s driving our huge commercial transformation.
If you’re a forecaster and forward-thinker, you can make a huge impact, creating sales strategies across all markets. But, here, your innovation will do more than just improving sales. You’re not persuading someone to savings account or try a new drinks brand. You’re potentially changing the lives of a billion smokers by helping them switch to a better alternative to smoking.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Field Area Supervisor you will grant support to PM Italy market share and volume objectives through the effective Territory management and continuously coaching and leading your team, by enhancing their commercial skills through constant tutoring and training on the job, developing and enforcing all the planned business activities.
You will Maintain and reinforce PM leadership in your District by playing the key role between the business strategy and the market evolution, exploiting local market opportunities and react to local business issues.
Specific Responsibilities Includes:
• MARKET SHARE: Set and agree with team members the annual SOM objectives and ongoing performance targets. Monitor and regularly review the performance of team members against agreed business targets as well as company performance standards
• TEAM MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT: Set field visit together with team members on a regular basis, in order to evaluate and provide regular feed-back on strengths and development needs. Promote in cooperation with line management and Field Training the appropriate training and development programs in order to enhance the professional capabilities of the team members
• TERRITORY AND BUSINESS PLANNING: Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of assigned territory in order to develop, propose and agree annual and short-term district plans, aligned to the overall Deployment department guidelines and to support the achievement of PM Italy volume and market share objectives.
• Provide all necessary guidance and support to Field Representatives' team with regards to definition of territory development
• BUDGET, FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATION: Provide input to preparation of Regional overheads budget. Continuously monitor budget performance on assigned territory level, ensuring cost efficient utilization of assigned resources. Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with safety and security procedures within the team. Ensure timely and quality submission by the team of defined administrative and financial reports.
• TRADE RELATION: Build and maintain mutually beneficial business relations with strategic outlets’ owners / managers, responsible persons of designated distribution centers, local representatives of tobacco associations and institutions in order to facilitate alignment of business partners’ priorities to PM goals, as well as promote Philip Morris image of the top-tier manufacturer and preferred business consultant.
• 3rd PARTY AGENCIES RELATIONS: Develop and maintain productive working relations with 3rd Party Agencies, ensuring their full understanding of and adherence to PM requirements for implementation of Deployment activities and events.
• MARKET INTELLIGENCE AND FIELD INFORMATION: On the level of assigned territory, consolidate and analyze all market and PM business performance information, in order to support Field Information department to define territory plans and objectives, as well as to monitor team’s performance.
Who we’re looking for:
• University Degree in Economics, Engineering with solid experience in the commercial area of FMCG Companies
• +4 years previous experience in sales or HQ in commercial functions
• At least 2 years of experience in sales or HQ as Supervisor would be considered a huge plus
• Team player, positive attitude and willingness to share competencies
• Project Management Skills, agility to work in complex and fluid environment with tight deadlines.
• Fluent in Italian and English.
• Entrepreneurship, positive attitude, attention to details.
• Strong communication and analytical skills.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point.
• A valid working permit for EU is requested.
To be defined in Region Center
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
For Internal Candidates:
SG: 8 - 10
In case of internal move, we offer L2L contract.
Philip Morris Italia is an Italian affiliate of Philip Morris International, a leading company in the tobacco world. With almost 1000 employees, it is engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.