Supervisor Third Parties & Special Projects
Be part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Development & Deployment at PMI feels like building a new business – but with the accumulated expertise of a global brand behind you. Bring us your curiosity and capacity to engage people and you can be part of the digital, onmi-channel team that’s driving our huge commercial transformation.
If you’re a forecaster and forward-thinker, you can make a huge impact, creating sales strategies across all markets. But, here, your innovation will do more than just improving sales. You’re not persuading someone to savings account or try a new drinks brand. You’re potentially changing the lives of a billion smokers by helping them switch to a better alternative to smoking.
Your ‘day to day’
Lead the deployment of third parties’ strategies, plans and initiatives in order to contribute to PM Italia strategic goals as well as inform only adult consumers through effective suppliers’ management and monitoring. Manage as reference point the external field force, in the nationwide and local execution of the commercial strategy;
Manage the retailers’ contact center as an inbound and outbound tool focused on remote trade activation for a defined cluster of retailers.
Trade Fairs management and special projects & commercial events plan deployment support.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure setup and deployment for all third party activities. Ensure continuously analysis & market screening for third parties in order to evaluate suppliers’ performance & capability and identify key players for potential future partnerships.
• Safeguard evaluation of third parties' performance and costs running the benchmark against internal Commercial Forces with the final goal of delivering cost efficient services.
• Align all key stakeholders / PM IT management on the suppliers’ setup and decide on most relevant partners and relative call mission for commercial activities.
EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS
• Set key actions for third party Business that maximizes suppliers’ efficiency and the effectiveness safeguarding integration and alignment between internal and external forces.
• Maintain stakeholders set up that clearly addresses high value commercial activities by quickly changing directions exploiting high value activities and addressing low value ones.
• Ensure development of strategical agency framework and the deployment of the commercial initiatives.
• Ensure the right resources and planning tools (Hardware, Allowances & People) and coverage strategies, as well as the corresponding in call mission of external forces.
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY & VISIBILITY
• Ensure product availability, assortment and visibility in the assigned trade and/or retail clusters/areas.
• Implement defined planogram and ensure its maintenance, ensuring the adherence to the visibility guidelines and positioning the field support tools in the most effective way.
COMMERCIAL SKILLS & TRAINING
• Supervise and train third parties teams in order to conduct directly and indirectly activities with the final aim of raising awareness and stimulating trial amongst Legal Age Smokers in the Learn phase of the Consumer Jouney and boost Buy and Live episodes through proper tool developed by Philip Morris International (PMI).
• Ensure a continuous fine-tuning and innovation of consumer contact, activity and mechanics, in order to guarantee the right information and best service to Legal Age Smokers (LAS) and Legal Age Users (LAU), at the correct time, in the right channel touchpoints.
• Manage, coach, motivate and give guidance to the team members to ensure continuously improving performance levels.
• Maintain an excellent motivation within the department, facilitate team spirit and encourage an open management style.
• Set and communicate the individual objectives to the team members according to the given targets.
Who we’re looking for
• Relevant university degree or equivalent, min 3 years of professional experience in Sales/Marketing department in FMCG
• Relevant experience in People Management
• Fluent in Italian and English.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point.
• A valid working permit for EU is requested.
What’s ‘nice to have’
• Team player, positive attitude and willingness to share competencies
• Project Management Skills, agility to work in complex and fluid environment with tight deadlines.
• Entrepreneurship, positive attitude, attention to details.
• Strong communication and analytical skills.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
For Internal Candidates:
SG 10 – 11
In case of internal move, we offer L2L contract.
Philip Morris Italia is one of the two Italian affiliates of Philip Morris International, a leading company in the tobacco world. With almost 1000 employees, it is particularly engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.