Manager Procurement EMS
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Rise to the challenge
We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality, and we’re looking to recruit a seasoned Procurement Manager for our EMS Procurement team. You should have shown procurement experience in the FMCG electronics industry and enjoy working in a team with diverse functions and multicultural. You will be based in Hong Kong, with the opportunity to travel.
• Lead the strategic relation with our Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)/ (ODM) partner(s).
• Support to Develop and implement a Procurement Strategy for EMS to reach or outperform the company objectives.
• Carry out adherence to EMS governance and processes through effective leadership and ensure adequate business controls are in place surrounding sourcing, contracts, spending, and reporting.
• Monitor EMS/ODM performances with effective KPIs and drive standard methodologies and transformation activities to ensure continuous improvement.
• Identify the value-generation drivers and implement cost optimization opportunities.
• Identify risk areas and develop plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could adversely impact suppliers or departmental performance.
• In conjunction with the Legal department, develop, negotiate and implement of appropriate contract structures, specifically with regards to creation and retention of intellectual property rights.
• Provide thought expertise based on industry multifaceted to guide senior management decisions.
• Assess supply base readiness (capabilities and capacity) for new product introduction.
• Provide leadership and collaborate actively with the category managers as well as with the internal partners.
Essential Skills and proficiencies:
• A university degree in Engineering / Electronics / Supply chain management / Business Administration or equivalent.
• Very strong procurement experience in the electronics industry and project management skills to foster teamwork across different partner teams. Ideally in international leading companies.
• A Forward-thinking professional with an intuitive customer centric approach, highly adaptable to changes and informed based decision maker.
• Creative problem solver that is able to anticipate changes and produce solutions.
• Result oriented professional that relates well to people, builds relationships and optimally presents arguments.
• Comfortable to work in dynamic cross-functional teams and in a multi-cultural environment.
• Mid to high Knowledge on Lean Tools and Agile methods and process.
• Proficient English is a must and Chinese speaking and writing skill are a huge plus.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products.
As of 2019 year end, PMI estimates that approximately 9.7 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 52 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com