Are you inquisitive, creative and self-motivated? Do you want to make a difference in our company and be part of creating something new? Are you able to take the lead, dealing with challenging timelines and working autonomously? If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for our Taxes Supervisor! This is a strategic role within the Finance team in Mexico. The purpose of the job is to analyze and develop in a timely and quality way the calculations and processes of all periodic tax obligations of the Group companies of both Federal and State taxes in order to avoid contingencies. In addition, identify and communicate possible areas of opportunity in the fulfillment of tax obligations in order to minimize the fiscal and administrative burden of legal entities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Determine the monthly and annual calculation of direct and indirect taxes in both federal and local matters and report it to the competent tax authority along with notices, returns and other information requested by the tax authority in the media and formats authorized to determine the latter
• Identify changes to the various tax provisions in order to work with tax management to assess those that will affect the Group's companies and the effects they will have on the determination of the tax so that Management can develop fiscal strategies that comply with the legal framework and PMI policies and procedures.
• Meet and solve within the legal times and forms the requests for information that the competent tax authority requests from any of the companies of the Group.
• Contribute to the determination of the current and deferred tax to be posted to the general accounts as well as the tax provisions to be posted at the end of the year.
• Report controls that mark PMI's management in fiscal matters in time in form, such as SOX controls, development and implementation of tax control policies such as VAT and IEPS.
Education, experience and desired functional knowledge and skills:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in taxes
• Advanced English required
• Know-how of calculation for the determination of interim payments
• Information statements, annual declaration, federal tax opinion, payroll tax payments
• General know-how of accounting
Find a new path!
Our Company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will act in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Join a global market leader!
We are the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI seeks to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI wants to work with the best talent available. Our diverse workforce of around 81,000 people speaks more than 80 languages. Our priority is to attract, support, and retain individuals from across the planet – no matter their age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability. Our people are our greatest strength, and we're proud of our culture of openness and respect.
Diversity and inclusion is one of our core values!