Are you inquisitive, creative and self-motivated? Do you want to make a difference in our company and be part of creating something new? Are you able to take the lead, dealing with challenging timelines and working autonomously? If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for our Specialist Internal Controls! This is a strategic role within the Finance team in Mexico. The purpose of the job is to assess control environment surrounding the different company processes while executing and leading audit reviews to identify improvement areas and propose feasible action plans for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of company processes. Additionally, provide support to local projects / initiatives to guarantee their completion and so, the achievement of company's objectives.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Perform a risk assessment to identify the processes that will be part of the audit review. Fully understand, map and identify risks along the processes.
• Propose a preliminary audit scope for the scheduled reviews, based on the principles, local standards and processes mapping available.
• Test, analyze, and identify through audit reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of controls applied to different process within the organization.
• Identify compliance with local and global PMI Principles and Practices and government regulations and GAAP (US, MEX), if applicable. Validate proper segregation of duties and adequate access restrictions when applicable.
• Define conclusions regarding the efficiency of controls, segregation of duties, and compliance of policies from reviewed process. Prepare suggested action plans to improve control environment and / or to correct any deviation.
• Organize and lead interviews with users for gathering information and presenting (status update presentation) preliminary findings and recommendations to audited areas as well as to Finance Management.
Education, experience and desired functional knowledge and skills:
• 1-2 years of financial experience
• Through public accounting/auditing
• Must be experienced with US and local GAAP and Internal Audit Standards
• Advanced English
• Advanced Excel required
Find a new path!
Our Company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will act in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Join a global market leader!
We are the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI seeks to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI wants to work with the best talent available. Our diverse workforce of around 81,000 people speaks more than 80 languages. Our priority is to attract, support, and retain individuals from across the planet – no matter their age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability. Our people are our greatest strength, and we're proud of our culture of openness and respect.
Diversity and inclusion is one of our core values!