PROCESS ENGINEER (Tobacco Processing)
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Process Engineer you will be part of our Manufacturing Department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A.. and will be reporting to the Supervisor Technical Services (Tobacco Processing). The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will ensure that processes and machinery standards are sustainable, correctly defined and properly documented.
A key responsibility will be identify missing links in the process and to address the gaps interacting with the appropriate figures in the manufacturing organization to ensure the solution is addressed.
In this position, you will also act as the SME for one defined technology and be the contact person for the Global CoE teams and analyze, propose actions for key performance indicators related problems in order to maintain process at the optimum level.
Finally, you will work together with the technical staff within the area in order to fill the identified skills gap and develop the adequate technical expertise providing guidance to production and maintenance in order to improve their working practices and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure that the processes fulfill the requirements, through the development of instructions/procedures and provides adequate action plans, in case the controlled parameters are not within the limits.
• Act as Key system user for production related to Information System and develop instruction for utilizing the information systems in production, train employees and ensures that they have the necessary knowledge for using the functions of these systems.
• Be an expert and support the production and supporting teams for all queries related to the product / process / systems used in production. Manage the technical / scientific knowledge related to his production area (Product & Process & Systems) in order to consistently support the floor and maintain a high level of expertise. Create and develop supporting documentation to simplify the transfer knowledge and facilitate production data management.
• Provide support to the production team and ensure that the documentation used during the production is managed according to the QMS. Create / review documents that covers production processes under his responsibility (i.e. : process flow diagram, process risk assessment, process control points,..) and provide training. Act as SME and provide support during internal and/or external audits. Ensure the follow up of actions identified in his area of intervention. Support/Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and trends. Liaise with concerned parties to find out the root cause and take relevant preventives/correctives actions. Ensure a proper follow up and reporting of open actions.
• Participate in establishing Manufacturing Assumptions and objectives setting. Maintain controllable cost in line with budget and propose action in order to decrease the process waste/losses.
• Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to the production staff and less experienced peers by sharing technical expertise and knowledge on a frequent basis. • Identify training needs and provide training programs to ensure a successful knowledge transfer and ensure the compliance in terms of requirements and support for current and long-term facility / departmental objectives achievements.
• Support innovation projects and the development of concepts for product and process enhancements, technical alternatives by identifying, proposing and leading improvement opportunities in order to focus on security, quality, excellence and productivity goals of a manufacturing center.
• Evaluate the execution in term of cost, time and risks. • Analyze trends in terms of relation between batch control parameters and machine performance in order to evaluate improvement opportunities.
• Summarize data/report in order to transfer the knowledge to peers.
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Chemical Engineering/Sciences or Technical areas.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Food, Paper, Sugar, Resine, Oil&Gas, Metal or Packaging industry or similar industry, ideally in the area of production, quality, lean manufacturing.
• Proven experience with Black Belt / Lean Manufacturing tools
• Effective coaching and communication skills
• High level of personal responsibility and accountability for results.
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).