1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The role aims at organizing and directing the entire material flows (in/out) to fulfill internal and external customers expectations and comply with all laws and regulations. He/She leads and continuously improve the importation, transportation and storage of raw materials to guarantee an efficient and flawless manufacturing process. He/She contribute in building a unique consumer experience (internal/external) by guaranteeing the adequate product availibility across multi distribution channels. He/She drive the entire logistic and distribution activities leveraging on contemporary solutions to reach best in class levels.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
ACCOUNTABILITY 1: Strategy development and execution
Direct the development of national strategies for import/export, logistic, storage and distribution and ensure roll-out and implementation to acheive outstanding service levels, reduction in lead time and optimal operational costs or working capital utilization. Keep abreast of new development in the supply chain field and promote the implementation of best in class standards. Drive synergies and knowledge sharing with other affiliates, regional/central functions and SSC to enhance overall performance.
ACCOUNTABILITY 2: Logistics and warehouse
- Lead and direct the importation/exportation, transport and storage activities for Raw Materials, Machinery, Equipment, Spare Parts and Finished goods; in order to ensure an optimal and cost efficient flow of the products between on-site, off-site warehouses, factory, distribution centres and consumers contributing to the fulfilment of the company objectives.
- Responsible to implement proper network and information to manage the best logistics service to customers.
- Plan, organize and control warehousing requirements and inventory management systems for all product categories allowing proper and safe storage conditions.
- Plan, manage and control third parties activities ensuring quality, safety and security standards.
ACCOUNTABILITY 3: Custom
- Ensure one single point of contact for all custom related topics and relationship with governmental authorities in order to ensure the business continuity and adherence to PMI policies & procedures, while keeping abreast of all local and international legislations / regulations.
- Develop and implement programs that guarantee compliance to customs and PMI 14-C requirements. Regularly conduct risk assessment and develop mitigation action plans. Escalate and inform PM management of possible risk and exposure to avoid any serious implications to the company's image
- Control the activities of the customs broker in accordance with contractual, operational, legal, and best practice requirements; including the regular evaluation of the customs broker performance
- Maintain strong and regular communication with PMI Indirect Taxation Team
- Participate in the development of and lead the deployment of strategies in-line with PMI customs global strategies and principles.
- Ensure that all opportunities in the customs / trade agreements are regularly assessed and then drive the implementation of processes, systems and productivity improvements to optimize the sourcing strategies.
ACCOUNTABILITY 4 : Distribution and order management
- Order management: Driving demand sensing base line forecast and predict, combine and synchronize the demand to provide better service levels at optimal costs, by managing orders received from the market and include this input as part of the forecast/ orders.
- Guarantee that customer data, documentation, quantity, pricing, credit control…are compliant, accurate and up to date.
- Distribution: ensure the delivery of our multi category product to our customers/consumers is executed optimally and with high quality, in a timely manner by
• Ensuring availability of goods in the right quantity and on time to maximize service and reduce inventories and LOGD
• Participating with commercial/customer care/etc… teams in the new commercial projects and anticipating future business needs
• Mastering the use of existing and future tools and technologies
• Manage Local SC risks following PM crisis management procedures and Business Continuity Plans
ACCOUNTABILITY 5: BCP
Develop, regularly test and maintain the BCP (Business Continuity Plan) for logistics, warehousing, and distribution operations; in case of unscheduled absentees, systems issues, and / or equipment / truck break-downs. Report and confirm to PMI Management at least annually the effectiveness and results of the BCP tests
ACCOUNTABILITY 6: Standard, Improvement Processes and Systems
- In collaboration with COE the preparation, deployment, and utilization of the PMI standard operating guidelines & systems taking into account the nature of each type of products transported & stored; to guarantee their quality, EHS&S precautions are taken and are in-line with local legislations / regulations.
- Develop and implement standards working procedures, operating guidelines & systems
- Drive the drumbeat process and ensure adherence to it
- Ensure all documentation and transactions in the systems are done accurately and on-time. Control the timely and proper submission of legislative documents required for application, extension, and closure of incentive certificates, in order to maximize benefits for the company and avoid any compliance issues.
- Actively participate or initiate improvement programs; evaluate, analyse, and implement alternatives; in order to improve consumers (internal and external) service levels at optimal cost.
- Relentlessly look for and explore any opportunities by keeping abreast of new industry/technological development applicable to Logistic and Distibution and maintain a strong and regular communication with PMI and other affiliates.
- Take a leadership role in pioneering, testing and proposing new opportunities and when succesful ensure the sharing across PM"
ACCOUNTABILITY 7: Budget, reporting and controling
- Direct the preparation, secure the approval and control the implementation of the budget for the Logistics and Distribution operations department.
- Lead periodical (i.e. monthly) tracking of the performance of Department by setting clear KPIs; and drive the generation of ideas / solutions for further optimization, streamlining and standardization.
- Ensure all operations executed by 3PL Service Providers are in-line with the contracts, and compliant with local and international legislations / regulations and PMI policies & procedures
- Closely work with Finance to periodically track the actual spend vs. budget, identify possible deviations, propose corrective measures. Inform Management in case of risk or significant deviation in line with PMI policies.
- Organize, manage, staff and develop a motivated, skilled, and optimally resourced team to ensure that performance levels and professional development will achieve or exceed business objectives. Maximize the organizational and individual performance in attainment of business objectives, manage, coach, develop and motivate staff as a key to reaching excellence. Reinforce and adapt a process-oriented structure with a continuous optimization of utilization of manpower and equipment.
- Create a self-motivating environment that encourage all employees to develop to their full potential and freely express their ideas for continuous improvement of the workplace conditions and business performance "
- Report of EHS&S KPIs and incidence to management, cluster in region and EHS&S Operation Center
- Implementation EHS&S activities in order to raise the awareness of employee aiming to zero safety incident, reduce health risk, minimize the impact to environment and business, assure the compliance to company Principle & Practices, standard and legal regulation:
• Communicate to employee throughout campaign and posters
• Coordinate for training activities: Fleet Safety, Event Safety, Office Safety (Including: First Aids, Fire Fighting, Emergency Evacuation, others), Security
• Execute EHS&S assessments to offices and finished goods warehouses and coordinate to establish improvement plan.
• Act the role of Special Situation Management Coordinator in the crisis such as: natural disaster, social unrest, others which impact to business continuity
3. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
University degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or similar Master's degree is a plus
• Overall Experience: Minimum 10 years experience
• Specific Experience: Minimum 7 years experience in Supply Chain within a multinational environment, with at least 5 years in a supervisory / managerial role
Others: skills / function specifics:
• Functional: Warehouse Management Systems; Third Party Management; Risk Management; Sustainability; Compliance, Safety & Security; Warehouse Capacity Management; Budget / Cost Management / ZLA; Customs Regulations & Operations; Handling, Storage, Transportation Stds.; Engineering Solutions / Automation; Regulatory & Fiscal Know-How.
• Enabler: Consumer at the core; Forward leaning; Disruptive innovator; Meaning creator; People activator; Inclusive; Space to deliver.