Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Quality Assurance Manager you will be part of our Quality Department for Philip Morris Polska and will be reporting to the Quality Manager. The position will be based in Krakow.
In your role you will plan, deploy and maintain the site QMS for 2 product categories – conventional cigarettes and RRP and ensure that core quality processes are implemented throughout the organization.
A key responsibility will be guarantee the compliance of the company against relevant quality standards, ensure readiness for regulatory bodies & 3rd parties inspections/audits and act as Quality Representative for the applicable Quality Systems.
In this position, you will also ensure that the Quality of products and internal processes complies with internal and external requirements, standards and policies and maintain relevant certifications.
Finally, you will define, deploy and maintain quality-planning strategies/activities within manufacturing center while assuring system compliance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and ensure the implementation and maintenance of the QMS for both products in liaison with training department. Act as owner for the local QMS process management related systems, review/approve QMS procedures, work instructions and other quality documents escalated to his level.
- Supervise the deployment of new Quality projects with the aim to improve overall factory performance and foster the implementation of global initiatives.
- Ensure audit readiness including the planning and implementation of inspections/audits assuring risk-free evidence package for regulatory inspection whenever applicable, as well as related remediation activities. Support the coordination of audit program / schedule. Develop and maintain an internal auditor pool and transfer knowledge of this process.
- Lead the management review process and assist the local management to ensure that the management systems remain suitable, effective and aligned with the factory objectives.
- Manage and develop a motivated and skilled team to ensure performance levels, professional development and achievement of objectives. Develop and drive the execution of a skill matrix and training path for each role.
- Prepare and seek management approval for department budget based on factory objectives to ensure optimal allocation of resources, adequate funding, and compliance with financial practices.
- Support local Integrated Works System deployment with Leadership and Lean Thinking.
- Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Biological sciences, Physical sciences, Chemical Engineering or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience
• 5 -10 years’ experience in Quality Assurance in Tobacco, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food sectors
• Advanced knowledge of QA standards (ISO 9001, ISO 17025,ISO 18001, ICH, GLP)
• Experience in managing regulatory inspection as front/back room person (Principally FDA and/or other regulatory bodies)
• Knowledge on pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry regulations would be considered as an additional asset
• Project Management and Change Management skills
• Excellent client-facing communication abilities, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong capacity to influence and coach, action driven, organization savvy
• Fluent in English and desirable Polish, both written and spoken
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
APPLY ON-LINE IN ENGLISH AT WWW.PMICAREERS.PL BY 31.12.2019
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted