Position Title: Demand Planner
Organization Unit: S&OP
Purpose of the Position:
This role own, lead, and manage the demand planning process for its market.
(1) Lead the implementation of the global demand planning template collaborating within the market to ensure that the most relevant data and business intelligence is used to generate the most accurate demand forecast and responds quickly to demand signals maximizing service levels .
(2) Lead the overall market demand planning process ensuring timely availability and accuracy of the plans based on a statistical baseline and market intelligence collected from the various key stakeholders in the market (Finance, BDP, Commercial etc).
(3) Ensures that new product introductions are timely reflected into the demand plans while meeting service, cash and cost targets by collaborating with the Global Category Team and Customer Service.
(4) Assist and support the manager S&OP in preparation and facilitation of market S&OP, identifying main drivers, opportunities and risks while ensuring the outcome is seamlessly integrated into the subsequent supply chain planning processes.
(5) Responsible for forecasting performance, process excellence, continuous improvement and adherence/implementation of global standards and reporting requirements.
Drive the forecasting process for the market to meet and beat forecast accuracy objectives by (1) Coordinating the generation and maintenance of an 18 months rolling forecast following a precise planning drumbeat (2) Ensure use & maintenance of the Digital Planning solution and master data to guarantee the efficiency of the process through automation (3) Ensure identification of demand plan variations and exceptions (4) Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions (5) Ensure efficient management of phase-in phase-out in terms of cash, cost and service (6) Ensure Market Intelligence is properly collected, integrated and maintained from the relevant stakeholders following a precise drumbeat for all markets & products in scope (7) Manage business issues, their resolutions and follow up (8) Identify forecast risks and opportunities.
Assist and support the preparation of the market S&OP meetings. (1) Advise Customer Service (Regional, local) of variances between existing forecasts, plans, actuals, budgets. (2) Drive alignment of plans and/or corrective actions in forecasting that will improve our supply chain metrics in the area of cost, cash and services. (3) Report on forecasting performance through standard KPIs, dashboard and reporting. (4) Monitor the demand planning metrics and use root cause analysis to resolve largest gaps. (5) Provide input to the supply planning organization in developing inventory and service level target on existing and new products.
Collaborate with the Global Category Team, Regional Customer Service and Markets to manage products lifecycle. (1) Ensure specific care for new product introduction by aligning plans with the different stakeholders, assessing their impact in terms of service, cash and cost. (2) Ensure the plans are reflect into the market forecast, follow up and monitor their execution. (3) Report on plan performance vs. actuals, previous forecast, and budget.
- Japanese/English: Fluent
- With at least 2-3 years’ experience in Supply Chain within a multinational environment,
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related fields