Senior Procurement Account
Be part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Our new vision means we’re reinventing our financial modelling, planning and forecasting tools. Join us in Procurement and you’ll work across the full breadth of the business, making sure our new commercial model is profitable and sustainable. There’s something new to learn every single day: changes to integrate and challenges to conquer. If you love working collaboratively and taking risks, you’ll be in your element here.
Your ‘day to day’
Support Local/Cluster Procurement Organization to optimize procurement of products and services by liaising with local departments, to understand their current and anticipated demand or needs, deploying local sourcing strategies, optimizing local supplier base and managing local supplier contracts.
Specific responsibilities includes:
• Internal Stakeholder Relationship Management
Create and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders: understand internal and external stakeholders’ objectives and needs.
Actively collaborate in key projects and work with other functions to resolve customer issues, to increase spend effectiveness and/or generate process improvements.
• Industry, Market and Supplier Strategy
Conduct and interpret industry, market and relevant macro-economic and supplier research
Build industry know-how on markets, suppliers, products/services and cost models.
• Sourcing Plan
Contribute to Local, Regional and Global sourcing strategy definition by providing the requested inputs.
Support to define local sourcing strategy and implement relevant action plans
Collect and Consolidate affiliate spend data and products specification. Liaise with local functions to understand their business priorities and plans.
• Negotiation & Partnership
Prepare and lead negotiations with major suppliers at local level ensuring quality standards of products/services are met.
Research, identify and evaluate suppliers.
Commercially manage new and ongoing local key relationships with local suppliers to ensure that the affiliate receives satisfactory standards of services and there is contribution sustainability over time.
• Contractual Framework Promotion
Understand the main legal templates and their characteristics, ensuring agreements are properly set up following Legal Department's guideline and advice.
• Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
Strengthen business relationship with the suppliers by performing regular reviews and, in collaboration with the internal stakeholders.
• Procurement Model & Compliance
Have a very good understanding of the sourcing process and its interactions with other functional processes. Adhere to Global Procurement Policy and Regional Sourcing Practices & Tools ensuring Compliance at affiliate/cluster level.
Who we’re looking for
• University Degree in Business Administration or Economics.
• Diploma from a recognized Procurement Institute is an asset
• 5+ years of experience in similar role in complex companies
• Proven experience with Supplier Relationship Management
• Sales & Marketing: good understanding of business implications of main processes
• Excellent commercial acumen
• Fluent in English and Italian
What are nice to have
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to work alone, in team and to engage with multi-functional stakeholders
• Fast learning capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and curiosity
• Customer and problem-solving orientation
• Communication skills
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
To join our growing team…
We offer a 12 months TEMPORARY CONTRACT
For Internal Candidates:
Work Location: Rome
In case of internal move, we offer L2L contract.
* Philip Morris Italia is one of the two Italian affiliate of Philip Morris International, a leading company in the tobacco world. With almost 1000 employees, it is engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.