Senior Internal Controls Analyst- 12 month fixed term contract
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Our new vision means we’re reinventing our financial modelling, planning and forecasting tools. Join us in Finance and you’ll work across the full breadth of the business, making sure our new commercial model is profitable and sustainable. There’s something new to learn every single day: changes to integrate and challenges to conquer. If you love working collaboratively and taking risks, you’ll be in your element here.
Our work spans the globe and includes audit, treasury, internal control and commercial financial support. Whether your skills are in financial control, planning and forecasting, data analytics or digital risk, there’s space to move your career forward in any number of directions.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Senior Internal Controls Analyst, you will perform reviews of business processes to ensure effective design and implementation of operational, compliance and financial reporting controls as well as adherence to company Principles & Practices. You will proactively provide value-added support to cross functional teams and capitalize on regional projects to improve business processes and reduce non-added value tasks while keeping in place a solid internal controls environment. You will prepare Sarbanes Oxley documentation, perform testing of design and operating effectiveness of financial reporting controls and follow-up on deficiencies.
Who we’re looking for
• A degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a relevant qualification in accounting (such as CA or CPA), or auditing (such as IIA, CIA or CISA)
• Qualification/experience in IT auditing is desirable
• Strong business acumen and outstanding analytical skills, including knowledge of business process improvement and financial analysis techniques
• A minimum of 3 years work experience with an audit & assurance consultancy or finance audit internal controls department. FMCG, consumer electronics or digital experience is a big plus.
• Experience with Sarbanes Oxley, SAP, IBM OpenPages, KPMG Sofy, data analytics and visualisation tools is highly desirable
• Strong communication skills to facilitate and participate in stakeholder meetings
• Preference in working collaboratively
• Curiosity, is proactive with a solutions focus
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Candidates must legally be able to work in Australia.
Inclusion and diversity are part of our DNA at Philip Morris Limited. Our priority is to attract, support and retain individuals – no matter their age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Applications close 10 March 2020.