Are you a hard working person who is enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas?
Do you think you have the ability to adapt in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment?
If the answer to the above is ‘Yes’ do not miss this truly unique opportunity and apply for the position of:
Business Development & Planning Analyst within Philip Morris Pan Africa Entrepreneurs Finance Team.
Deliver ongoing analytical input to the Management and analyze competitive and market environments and provide support through use of complex analysis of internal business issues in order to enhance Philip Morris performance.
• Support the revenue planning within the Long-Range Plan and Rolling Forecast budget cycles in close cooperation with Manager/Supervisor as well as Finance, Sales and Marketing functions, ensuring that all Philip Morris procedures and deadlines are adhered to.
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders to analyze annual plans against strategy.
• Initiate, develop and execute business related reports for markets if requested
• Prepare and circulate Share of Market analysis, monthly, through Brand Boards.
• Maintain regular system updates
• Process Improvement: enhance existing models, propose improvements to the reporting/planning systems, methods of work and analysis methods, to contribute to the business requirements.
• Ensure proper and timely submission of data to regional/PMI databases/Analysts (both regular and ad-hoc).
• Research the economic, political and industry environments using relevant information from various sources in order to prepare robust analysis and deliver actionable insights to markets’ heads.
• Screen competition information from public sources; analyze this information to provide input on potential competitor strategies and actions.
• Analyze retail prices, trade margins and profitability for PM and competition taking into account various factors, such as exchange rate developments, cost bases, taxation, etc.
• Prepare price approval forms (detailing all elements of price structure) in order to provide detailed justification for price changes where necessary.
• Support preparation and development of executive presentations: budgets, strategic reviews and management updates.
• In addition and upon request, prepare presentations to be delivered by Management to employees and external audiences, such as government officials and public groups, ensuring accurate and appropriate content.
• Collect information from markets’ heads and prepare market highlights for regional submission.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis on various market developments.
• Superintend ownership of various market databases required to effectively analyze and track market developments to ensure accuracy of data and resulting analysis, including databases maintained in other departments
• Build and Maintain strong rapport with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Act as a focal point for affiliate business information through strong collaboration and high level of service delivery to all stakeholders.
• University degree in Financial Management/ Economics/ Business Administration or relevant work experience with proven track record of achievements
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Finance, Marketing or Sales; or a business planning role in an international FMCG Company.
• Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
• Experienced working with Power BI
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas
• Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable
• Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Challenging and very rewarding role with a significant amount of ownership in a dynamic international environment,
• Collaboration with a team of great professionals with limitless possibilities of sharing knowledge with the best experts in their field,
• Participation and leadership of a significant amount of strategic projects that make an impact to the whole organization,
• Excellent career development opportunities,
• Competitive remuneration package with an extensive benefit scheme.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com