Senior Biostatistician – Neuchatel, Switzerland
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
As a Senior Biostatistician you will manage a Team, provide statistical and mathematical support to R&D Biomedical functions, in particular in the context of preclinical and clinical assessment of our Smoke-Free Products. This encompasses the development, implementation, and application of statistical and mathematical methods which ensure a correct acquisition and interpretation of scientific and technical data for all R&D related areas.
More specifically, you'll
• Manage a Team, supervise and perform statistical analyses, interpret statistical results, and prepare summaries for reports and submission to regulatory authorities.
• Contribute to the design of in vitro and in vivo studies and recommend the most appropriate statistical procedures for outcome evaluation.
• Take accountability for the statistical analysis plans of the designed studies and ensure the compliance with regulatory guidelines (e.g. GLP, GCP).
• Lead statistical methodology research and stay current on statistical methodology for product assessment
• Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
• Understand the complexities and challenges associated with capturing, moving, storing and mining complex data sets.
• Provide guidance and supervision to programmers in the creation of analysis dataset specifications and programming of tables, listings and figures.
Who we’re looking for
• PhD in biostatistics, statistics or mathematics.
• Seasoned experience in industrial (pharmaceutical, food, medical devices) setting with a strong expertise in biostatistics and study designs.
• Confirmed practical experience in pre-clinical research and knowledge of GLP and GCP.
• Sound expertise in programming with the R & SAS statistical software.
• Demonstrated line management experience or record of project-based management
• Pro-active approach for continuous improvement of processes to enable detailed execution and inspection readiness.
• Good understanding of regulatory guidelines and processes.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. You too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.