RISE TO THE CHALLENGES
Philip Morris is looking for talented individuals to join its People & Culture Operations team. You will work within the Payroll team and be responsible for the timely and accurate payment to local employees' salary & wages and benefits. Handles task related to the management of third party during execution of payroll projects and activities. Part of the role is to ensure on that global agreements are maintained at local level with high degree of customer satisfaction.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible in the processing of local payroll for standard and seasonal employees. Ensures timely payment of salaries & wages and benefits based on validated data from Hr2U and Benefits Team.
- Compliance and reporting:
•Perform required controls to ensure payroll outcome is compliant with the SOX requirements, local legislation and regulation
•Checking and auditing of payroll reports to be submitted for External and Internal audit – validates accuracy of data (i.e. employee movement, promotions, relocations, allowances, etc) versus P&C2U information
- Address payroll concerns received from P&C Managers, Line Managers and employees in order to ensure proper and timely resolution of concerns.
- Consolidates payroll reports and coordinate with Finance on proper booking of charges, tax and statutory remittances. Ensures proper annualization of employee’s compensation for accurate tax remittance to the Bureau of Internal Revenue. Conduct year end tax adjustment for all employees and provide the appropriate information for proper tax adjustment.
- Responsible in timely payment of salaries, statutory premiums, retirement contributions, and income taxes. Ensure timely submission of relevant financial reports (i.e. journal entries, statutory premium payment, debit notes etc.)
- Processes employment terminations, calculating final pay and any benefit deduction/ reimbursement.