Derivatives Accounting Expert
Are you curious, hungry to learn and to develop? Are you a great team player and will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? If the answer is yes, then we’d like to hear from you.
SCE Corporate Treasury Accounting & Controlling team is looking for a professional who will provide a deep expertise on hedge accounting and ensure high quality information regarding financial instruments to internal and external stakeholders. You will work in international environment with high diversity of currencies and instruments. As an Expert you will have a tangible impact on processes and act as an advisor to management on various treasury and risk management activities.
WE ARE LOOKING TO RECRUIT
• A university graduate with degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
• Professional qualifications (CFA/CTA/PRM/FRM/ACCA/CIMA) will be a plus
• With a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in Finance, preferably in financial reporting, controlling or corporate finance, risk management or treasury area
• Has a working knowledge of accounting standards (preferably US GAAP) related to financial instruments, especially derivatives
• With good understanding of hedging and risk management
• Quantitative and analytical mind
• A person with excellent communication skills
• Fluent English speaker experienced in using MS Excel
• Knowledge of Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), ERP / accounting systems (SAP) or finance terminals (Reuters, Bloomberg)
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o. (PMI SCE) is seeking talented people to join our team within the Finance Department based in Krakow, Poland.
As Derivatives Accounting Expert you will:
• Be responsible for accounting, reporting and controlling of derivatives and financial instruments of multi-billion portfolio for entire group of PMI
• Advise on accounting treatment of derivatives and proposed hedging strategies
• Prepare hedge accounting documentation and test hedging effectiveness according to US GAAP for foreign currency and interest rate hedging
• Prepare disclosure notes to consolidated financial statements reported to NYSE/SEC
• Support Finance function Management with analytics, insights and internal reporting
• Work as subject matter expert in accounting for Corporate Treasury operations
• Track evolution of accounting standards related to financial instruments
• Support internal controls environment related to financial instruments and derivatives
• competitive salary
• private medical and dental care, life insurance
• subsidized meals in company canteens
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
• employee pension plan
• multisport program
• holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
• wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
• free bike and car parking for all employees
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide.
PMI SCE was established in late 2005 in Krakow and since then is increasingly serving PMI affiliates’ Financial Accounting, People & Culture (P&C), Procurement and Information Services (IT) needs in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted.