Manager Public Affairs – Hong Kong
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
External Affairs is a growing team, full of fresh opportunities. Our smoke-free transformation is completely changing the way we engage. We have stakeholders to talk to and brave new messages to share. We need talented people who are also excited by our sense of purpose to help expand our influence – on the media, legislators, health professionals, national governments and public policy-makers.
As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts in everything from fiscal affairs and illicit trade to sustainability and public health legislation. Join us and use your relationship-building skills for good: to change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
Develop and manage plans and strategies for external stakeholder engagement in order to provide political grounds to influence the decision makers, enhance public standing and generate positive coverage for Philip Morris Asia Limited. You will enhance the Hong Kong External Affairs team’s capability to establish proactive and strong relationships to deliver PMI’s transformation narrative.
Who we’re looking for
- At least 7 years of experience in the areas of Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Government Affairs, Corporate Affairs and legal fields in either public sector or in a private company, or demonstrated skills and competency on public relations and advocacy
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, analytical skills and planning ability.
- Experience in dealing with the media would be useful. Perseverance a must.
- People Management and Leadership experience
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers. As of 2019 year end, PMI estimates that approximately 9.7 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 52 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand.