Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide. With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
Lead the organization's effort on test method development, validation, transfer and training with focus on chromatographic systems (i. e. GC, LC) and mass spectrum (i.e. LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS) to support the delivery of organization's study pipeline in the area of pre-clinical toxicology and pharmacology.
• Lead the organization's effort on test method development / optimization and validation focusing on chromatographic systems (i. e. GC, LC) and mass spectrum (i.e. LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS) for the identification and quantitation of chemical constituents and metabolic biomarkers in complex matrices.
• Provide technical leadership to the Bioanalytics department in the relevant technical domain; conduct training to the junior analysts and new hires; provide first-line technical support to day to day smooth quality testing.
• Coordinate outsourced analytical activities at third party laboratory. Participate in evaluating and technical exchange with third party laboratory to ensure outsourced project meet technical and regulatory requirements.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert in the technical domain and be the point person to coordinate and liaise with cross-functional units and stakeholders (HODs, SDs, Sponsors, and global counterparts) on the testing strategy and execution. Foster a culture of collaboration and enable frequent technical exchange across the network.
• Back up to the Coordinator Bioanalytics to review and approve test results and assist on study planning for the Bioanalytics department in work flow optimization, resourcing, procurement etc.
• Conduct routine test per project requirement and capacity constrain, and assigned with operational tasks and improvement projects.
• May have opportunity to lead a small team of technicians and cross-skill to other analytical technologies such as biochemical assays and clinical pathology.
• Take up additional tasks in other areas. E.g. taskforce, validation and committees
Who we’re looking for
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Life Science or related technical / scientific discipline is preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ of relevant professional experience with technical and scientific knowledge with focus on analytical and bioanalytical method development, validation and laboratory operations, with a Contract Research Organization, R&D unit within pharmaceutical or healthcare industries, or translational academic research organizations. In depth knowledge with preferably hands-on experience on analytical and bioanalytical platforms and work flows in toxicology studies and life science research. Independent ability to develop/optimize/validate a GC, LC, LC-MSMS, and GC-MSMS based method in complex matrices. Extensive hands-on experience on chromatography systems and mass spectrum. Versed with CDS and LIMS in a regulated environment is a strong plus. Understanding on regulatory guidelines such as FDA, ICH, OECD GLP and TGs related to in vivo toxicology study and method validation is preferred. Experience on leading R&D team and project preferred. Self-starter and highly motivated individual with excellent communication and influencing skills.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, please submit your application online by 24 April 2020. Only candidates who fit the hiring requirements will be contacted. The successful candidate will be hired on the local employment terms and conditions in Singapore.