Sr IT Solution Architect
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
• Transform requirements into specific solution architecture design documents for a product, contribute to the final implementation and maintain design artifacts throughout the product life.
• Collaborate with Domain Architects to ensure that the sub-platform and solution architecture are in line with the overall design guidelines.
• Contribute to define the technical direction for all products within a sub-platform which include setting the design and integration standards and coordinate the activities across product teams.
• Govern the technical design, for a given sub-platform and associated products, against approved architectural standards to ensure a cohesive, aligned and future-state blueprint.
• Assess technology trends of products to identify architectural anomalies, collaborate with the product team to drive the appropriate corrective actions.
• Act as the technology knowledge specialist within a sub-platform and set of products, sponsoring innovation across product teams.
• Contribute to assessments and experimentation of new technologies and defining the transition from the current to future state.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or any related field
• Previous successful experience in managing the technical architecture definition and alignment for a diverse, complex and integrated range of products within Life Sciences domains such as Pre-Clinical, Clinical and Laboratory
• Deep knowledge of common IT frameworks such as Agile, ITIL, PMP, SOX
Proven exposure with on-premise, cloud hosted and SaaS solutions implementation and Integration
• Experience in the application of DevSecOps practices and related tool chains
• Dynamic leader with a strong and consistence track record of success, recognized for strong, transparent and decisive leadership, ability to build robust teams and encourage individuals to achieve challenging business objectives
• Proven Experience in managing multiple teams in a complex and dynamic environment
• Fluent English written and spoken
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.