Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc. You will support the Smoke-Free Products at electronic hub (eHUB). As a Supplier Quality Development Manager you will oversee the product quality of our external partners in design and manufacturing to ensure all sourced products deliver the Best in Class electronic consumer experience in terms of quality, performance & reliability.
You will lead overall product quality with our key manufacturing partners in Asia, and our suppliers, whilst ensuring business productivity. You will ensure quality is built into our products by effective usage of all Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools in the early phases of product development.
• Develop quality protocols in accordance with our business model and maintain world-class level Quality Engineering in all manufacturing processes. Provide directional guidance during Design, DFM, PFMEA and Control Plan reviews. Ensure Lessons Learnt are incorporated.
• Conduct risk assessment in product, testing and manufacturing process through the NPI process to delivers quality built-in products.
• Deliver world class KPI performance metric in quality and yield improvements. Drive continuous improvements in supplier quality, cost reduction and business processes towards operational excellence.
• Ensure manufacturing partners and its’ suppliers comply with PMI quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements, cascading down the requirements into product design and control strategy in achieving zero field return.
• Bridge PMI QMS system with suppliers' systems. Prepare high level executive summaries to management, reporting key supplier performance and quality challenges. Act as the leader in managing quality crisis and seek for QMS completion with minimum business disruption.
Who we’re looking for
• BSc degree in Engineering or equivalents
• 10 years or above working experience in the electronic industry and quality engineering field
• Experience in high volume electronic consumer products
• Thorough knowledge of Quality Systems, project management and advance quality philosophies, i.e. Six Sigma methodology
• Experience in ISO13485 quality standard of FDA is an advantage
• Strong influential and cross-cultural communication skills
• Good understanding and knowledge of financial analysis and measures
• Demonstrated leadership capability to drive above the line thinking
• Ability to network and influence at different level, internally and externally
• Proficiency in project management techniques
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of 2020 June, PMI estimates that approximately 10.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 52 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer