Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
In Philip Morris Japan IT, we focus on creating and supporting differentiating capabilities for Japan Market. Our success is to provide all necessary technologies supporting PMI Smoke Free future vision.
Are you inquisitive, passionate by emerging technologies and self-driven? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? If the answer is yes, then we’d like to hear from you.
Your ‘day to day’/ Responsibilities:
- Participate to requirements definition including Backlog grooming and prioritization with key stakeholders.
- Understand business requirements, define scope, business objectives and evaluate the pros and cons of various features to meet business needs
- Worked with 3rd party vendors and global product team to develop clear and complete requirements, and make sure these requirements are implemented in required duration by assigned development team
- Lead and participate to the design, development, integration and delivery of new solutions or enhancement of existing system following Agile practices and according to architectural standards and roadmaps.
- Review and challenges deliverables provided by 3rd party vendors as part of Software Development Life Cycle
- Performed and designed system test (incl. integration tests, regression tests) validate test results against requirements
- Ensure a smooth transition of the solutions into operations with the appropriate resources, procedures and feedback mechanisms in order to understand usage.
- Participate in the assessment of new technologies, products and architectures to contribute to roadmap definition or improvement of the solution operations.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems management or Engineering
- Ideally ~3 years of experience in eliciting requirements, business process modelling, technical documentation and system testing for consumer facing application or for internal commercial systems (e.g. sales force)
- Strong analytical skills to build complete understanding of requirements and translate into system functional documentation
- Strong customer focus with a recognized collaborative mindset and a strong willingness to share
- Experience in successful hands-on IT solution implementation (preferably COTS)
- Knowledge and practical experience on common IT frameworks such as Agile, ITIL, PMP
- Track record of applying new ways to address business challenges and opportunities
- Curiosity to learn, experiment to validate ideas as well as a strong drive to transform them into outcomes.
- Working knowledge with Salesforce.com and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be an advantage
- Fluent English written and spoken, Japanese preferable