Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions. You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact to achieve our mission: a smoke-free future.
We’re looking for a Consumer Research Analyst based in our Malaysia office. Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working of working that span the whole world!
This position reports to the Manager, Market & Consumer Research.
- Focus the marketing research plans on key business objectives to optimize the relevance and impact of market information.
- Drive the identification of information gaps and insufficiently utilized information.
- Define and prioritise short & medium term information needs in the development and presentation of market research plan to Senior Management team for budget allocation during the annual corporate planning process.
- Manage budgets in line with evolving business priorities, propose ways to close the gaps if any to ensure objectivity and identify savings opportunities.
- Optimise research briefs, supplier choice, methodologies and analyses to ensure that PMI only receives work of the highest quality form leading edge agencies in a cost effective manner.
- Develop ‘best practice’ and innovative research approach, leveraging from PMI experience and skills.
- Brief, supervise & participate in study fieldwork to ensure the highest standards of quality and insights.
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of data and ensure:
a. ‘scientific’ rigor – the accuracy and total reliability of the data reported.
b. timely reporting ; understanding that ‘speed to market’ is a key condition for success
- Proactively provide strategic market information and analysis to ensure that marketing decisions are made based on sound market insights.
- Drive data extraction, analysis and synthesis that focuses on strategic priorities.
Coach and guide internal users on understanding and utilisation of market Research outputs.
- Provide actionable, strategically focused, evidence based recommendations
- Drive KPI monitoring of strategic brands and channels as well as evaluation of key brand/trade activities.
- Consolidate primary market research and secondary data sources to evaluate the effectiveness of brand / trade investment in quantifiable business performance terms.
- Coordinate with the Regional and/or Cluster Market Research teams to maintain the integrity of key PMI international research methodologies (in-line with international protocols available).
- Support the ideation process by collaborating with internal & external parties, in research project design, management, analysis and interpretation of the potential of innovative ideas.
- Involve in building knowledge management system to ensure market intelligence is accessible, secure and user friendly and negate any loss of corporate knowledge due to personnel movement.
- Develop close working relationship with external research partners to ensure day-to-day activities related to consumer and customer research are performance according to agreed quality, cost & timescales
Who we’re looking for
You will excel in Consumer Research Analayst role should you have:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Market Research, including at least 2 years of market research, business planning or Marketing experience in leading FMCG companies.
- Significant experience in managing qualitative and quantitative research and external partners (e.g. research agencies).
- Possess high level of timely delivery of data accuracy, quality and cost efficiency.
- Strategic thinker and able to conceptualize solutions.
- Demonstrate analytical, business-acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills with proven influencing and delivery power to work across-functionally and collaborate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious self-starter with a strong drive for results.
- Experience working in agile teams and processes.
- Holds a Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics or equivalent. MBA is highly desirable.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.