Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a:
Senior Scientist Data Analytics
with the following requirements:
• Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent with specialization in Data Analytics. PhD is an asset.
• 5-8 years of experience in Data Analytics, ideally in a multinational and cutting-edge environment
• Managerial experience in leading technical teams is an asset.
• Effective communicator with a strong analytical skills, capability to collaborate and influence, action driven.
• Fluency in English, Armenian or Russian would be a plus.
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Research & Development center in Philip Morris, based in Yerevan, Armenia.
The objective of Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI)’s Research & Development team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
As Senior Data Analytics Scientist, you will drive data analytics projects and develop appropriate strategies to introduce new methodologies, in order to meet business needs. Identify, develop and implement solutions to scientific / technical problems where few precedents exist through the application of scientific skills and knowledge while leveraging on x-functional collaboration. Act as SME towards Senior Management and may represent the Company externally as scientific / technical expert.
• Develop and propose business justification, scope and resource requirements to deliver solutions to technical problems.
• Plan and conduct data analytics projects from concept to effective and efficient solutions for end-users requiring independent thought and scientific / technical judgment. Report on research and development activities according to Quality Management System.
• Review the latest scientific / technological developments and identify those that should be researched further.
• Identify external partners capable to develop perspective scientific / technical solutions
• Lead data analytics development projects requiring external collaborations to deliver needed services and products in-line with timelines and quality levels required for RRP development. Handle demanding time constraints. Direct activities of team members, consultants and vendors to ensure project scope, budgets and schedules are developed and managed
• Participate in and/or lead multi-disciplinary, cross functional problem solving / project teams. Collaborate across sites or functions to generate innovative solutions and ideas for scientific / technical issues and direct vendors / external resources regarding projects or scientific / technical issues.
• Build-up knowledge in physics, electronics and RRP products, devise new approaches to solve problems. Contribute to building Intellectual Property Assets Portfolio. Keep abreast of latest scientific / technical developments and ensure all this knowledge is captured and stored as per our knowledge management practice
• Carry out all of the activities ensuring that PMI Policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities are fully respected.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
• We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
• We’re a certified global top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
* If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate. No PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.